- For AWA Members - AWA Members and their families are eligible to get pharmacy discounts through this program. The program can be used to supplement most health insurance plans including Health Savings Accounts (HSA) and High Deductible Plans. It can also be used as a Medicare Part D supplement by providing discounts on non-covered drugs.
- No Restrictions - There are no enrollment forms, no age or income requirements, no waiting periods, no eligibility required, no exclusions, covers pre-existing conditions, no claim forms to file, no annual or lifetime limits.
- Lowest Price - This program has Lowest Price Logic to guarantee that you get the best pricing on prescriptions (Card holders pay the lower of a discount off Average Wholesale Price-AWP, discount off MAC Pricing, or Pharmacy Promotional/Retail price). You can save up to 75% on your medications (average savings are roughly 30%)!
- Medications - The program includes discounts on brand and generic medications, open formulary so that all medications are eligible for discounts.
- Accepted Everywhere - The Discount Prescription Card is pre-activated and accepted at over 56,000 pharmacies around the country including most major chains.
- Confidential - No personal information is required to get a card. No personal information is collected on processed prescriptions.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How does the AWA True Rx Card Prescription Medication Savings Program work?
AWA True Rx Card is partnered with companies that negotiate discounts directly with the pharmacies on over 20,000 name brand and generic medications. These discounts are then passed directly on to cardholders.
- Who is eligible to participate in the AWA True Rx Card Prescription Medication Savings Program?
The AWA True Rx Card program has no requirements. Unlike insurance programs, there is no income, age, pre-existing condition, deductible, or waiting period restrictions. The program is designed to help patients nationwide who do not have prescription drug coverage or who have coverage but are subject to large deductibles, large co-pays, formulary limitations, dosing limitations, gaps, and/or any cash out-of-pocket expenses.
- Which prescription drugs do they cover?
All FDA approved brand name and generic prescription medications are covered. Use our Medication Pricing Tool to search for your prescription.
- How do I use the AWA True Rx Card Card?
- Select a pharmacy: the AWA True Rx Card Card is valid at over 56,000 network pharmacy locations nationwide. In most cases, your current pharmacy will be part of our network.
- Submit your prescription: Present your prescription to the pharmacist. If you need to transfer a prescription, bring your empty prescription bottle or label with you to the pharmacy.
- Present your AWA True Rx Card Card: Your card's unique code provides the pharmacist with the appropriately discounted prescription price. The price on the prescription is based on the pharmacy's contracted agreement with AWA True Rx Card and our partners.
- You Save: Your savings will be clear once the pharmacist enters your filled prescription into the register. Whether the lowest discount price is the AWA True Rx Card's price, your present insurance program's price, or the pharmacy's already discounted price, you are GUARANTEED to receive the LOWEST price available!
- Which pharmacies can I go to?
We have a constantly expanding list of over 56,000 participating major chain pharmacies and local pharmacies nationwide. Use the Pharmacy Locator Tool to see if your pharmacy is in our network. We have also provided a list of participating pharmacies.
- How can I be assured I am getting the lowest price?
The discounted price may vary by as much as 75% depending on the medication and the pharmacy discount rate contracted with AWA True Rx Card. While pharmacy prices may vary from week-to-week and by the geographic location, the patient is guaranteed the lowest price available regardless of whether it is the AWA True Rx Card price, your present insurance program's price, or the pharmacy's already discounted price.